Islington Adventures part 1

by

I returned yesterday from another wonderful weekend in Islington, staying with my lovely godmother Roxy. After spending the best part of Saturday in the rain watching an open air adaptation of 'To Kill A Mocking Bird', it was nice to have a drench-free wander around the next morning. We had a lovely breakfast outside a cafe in Upper Street, before heading off on a cross-pavement adventure.

I was immersed in urban fantasy; row upon row of bicycles, and a vibrant stream of vehicles speeding past in an ever changing veil of colour. Never could I forget the shop windows, the streets lined in displays of clothes, furniture and food, each one individual and eye catching. Everything from scottish woollen throws to raspberry meringues the size of a dinner plate! I look forward to my next visit.